Site Inactive
Calendar

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ALTernate Arrangements Forum Index -> Raid Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huggum
Officer

re: Oregorger Mythic

Either I'm blind or I didn't see a thread for this so fuck it, making one. 

So the acid torrent can be reduced by absorbs and dmg reduction shit for physical dmg (But it can't be parried/dodged), but even if you reduce it by 99.99999% on the tank taking it, it will still do 100k min to the raid. 

We were getting hit for like an avg of 185k per torrent, so we can def find a way to reduce it. The boss doesnt hit the tanks for shit, so dragon can take the IBF glyph and use rune tap for each torrent, also save 2 death strikes before torrent to build up a blood shield since it's physical, Brew can save guards for the torrent, and dampens too. 
He does torrent ever 15 secs, and the phase lasts about 1.5 min depending on the kicks, but at most we will get about 7 torrents. 

CDs healers have are 2 ironbarks on a 1 min CD, 1 pain supp, hand of sac, and life cocoon, and 3 vigis. This totals to 8, so we can divide them however we like. 
We should use pain supp first so we can have it up for the 2nd part of the 2nd phase.

The rolling phase does a lot of dmg, so I think we need to save 2 major CDs for it, be it 2 tranqs or a revival and a tranq. 

So this is how I see the fight:

Phase 1 with a first half and second half
Rolling phase 1
phase 2 with a first half and second half
Rolling phase 2
phase 3 

As for healer CDs, this is how I see it:
-we should save 1 rally for when were in trouble and use loosely per phase, i.e. when we think we need em.

phase 1 we should have (~90):
0-45: no healer Cds since we have hero, but we use DPS healing CDs for this (possibly 1 rallying for the 2nd torrent) 
45-60:my revival
60-90: Wings
We can have DPS pop things like AG, vamp and vigil, and we can have it at anytime during since they have a short CD, cept for vamp.
AG might need to be popped in the first half if we want to guarantee to have it again within that time frame. We shouldnt use them in the rolling phase since DPSers will be doing a lot less dmg in that part of the fight. 
Also, I will be going light on heals here so I can use all my mana in p2.

Rolling phase 1 should (~90 secs) have:
0-30: Emo's tree
30-75:Glitter's Heart of the wild
75-90: Emo's tree
Emo should tranq in this phase when we need it.
This is the best part for the rallying

Phase 2: 
0-30: Wings
30-45: Eliune's barrier
45-90: Glitter's tranq, then my revival after that if needed, we should also use all DPS healing CD here so I can save my revival
This is CD light, but monks are amazing on this fight, and I'll be using all my mana on this phase after eliune's barrier, so we will be safe with glitter to to us up w/ tranq.

Rolling phase 2:
0-45:Emo's HOTW
45-75:Wings
75-90+: Emo's tree (this will help top us off going in p3)
I will revival when we need it in this phase

Phase 3:
0-30: In this phase we will use all DPS healing CDs at the start with my revival if I havent used it in rolling phase 2
45-60: Emo's tranq
60-90: Wings and w/e we have left

After that he kinda enrages so we need to kill the fucker before then. 

Also, if Deso takes AMZ itl be a nice CD, but it's 3 mins so it's like another barrier. 

Good news is guild are now 3 healing it, and we are using 5 heals so there's no excuse for us healers if players dies due to lack of healing if they arent fucking up.

Brewschii

Some notes on P1 -- I think I reverse-engineered the formula for Acid Torrent.

TLRD: We can mitigate more, but we're doing OK. Probably the most important thing at this point is to make sure ranged take little to no damage from the pools on the ground, which tick for 135k. Can't hurt to slap some externals on Dragon, but not a big deal.

Long version:

Acid Torrent appears to hit ranged for about 165k + (135k * tank mitigation %). So tank mitigation controls about 135k of damage per ranged player.

I mitigate 100% with Stagger and Guard unless I screw up (the tank hit is physical damage, so it's easy for Brewmasters). That leaves ranged taking roughly 165k each.

Dragon was mitigating anywhere between 95% and 45%, so ranged took between 172k and 248k damage. I'm basing this on our last attempt, Wipe 5: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9YNwphZr1m7HV8jb#view=execution&fight=36.

There are top 10 guild-execution parses with DK tanks who have mitigation levels similar to Dragon's. Literally. Here's #2, in which the Brewmaster usually mitigates 100% and the DK takes anywhere from 0 - 274k damage: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/z3aZcf6rP9bjg7xq#fight=19&view=execution. On our last attempt, wipe 5, the most Dragon took was 278k on one of the torrents.

Still, we can boost Dragon's mitigation. There are two main ways: (1) we use more externals/absorbs or (2) if possible, Dragon games Resolve for bigger Blood Shields. The Blood Shield option is much more effective if it's possible. The time he mitigated 95% of an Acid Torrent, it was because Blood Shield absorbed 216k. By contrast, here's what externals look like: He can mitigate about 52% just with Rune Tap + Bone Shield or IBF (he can't always have both of the latter up). That yields about 230k damage for each ranged. Putting, say, an Ironbark on him would bring his total mitigation to about 62% and yield 217k damage per ranged -- a difference of just 13k. Add a 60k PW:S and you get to 73% mitigation and 201k damage/ranged. As you can see, there aren't massive gains from externals. Blood Shields make a bigger difference, but I don't know how easy they are to control. If it's a simple matter of hitting Blood Strike when Resolve is high just after I take the boss (I try to do something like that with Guard) then that's the best option by far.

All this said, Retched Blackrock, the pools on the ground, tick for ~135k. Even if we mitigate 100% of Acid Torrent, it still does 165k. If a ranged hits Retched Blackrock around the same time, that's 300k total damage -- a near-death experience. If we mitigate "only" 65% of Acid Torrent -- and Rune Tap + Bone Shield + Ironbark gets us to 62% -- clothies still die if they take Retched Blackrock damage too. An external stronger than Ironbark gets us over the hump to where a clothie would have a few HP to spare and might live.

Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

How To Roll:

Oregorger will always roll towards ore if there is any accessible. Because of this we can control HIS movement with our own.

Watch the roll phase guide here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGEPPf6qAE

Then watch these guys execute it perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IRXF7KKPa0

-----

Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

Kill Video

http://www.twitch.tv/sanctustego/c/6543366

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ALTernate Arrangements Forum Index -> Raid Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: