Site Inactive
Calendar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALTernate Arrangements Forum Index -> Raid Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

re: Heroic Elerethe Renferal

Well it was towards the end of the night and our strat was pretty weak. With 45 minutes we almost mastered the first phase, but got destroyed on the transition. I'm going to outline what I think we could have done better in the first phase, and some ideas on the second. I'd love some more input and ideas on this before we head back in there.

Phase 1 venom and tornado positioning:

We had players dropping venom in the place I had literally just said not to drop it. Turn down your music and pay attention to the strat changes. It took 3 attempts to have a clear spot. We have higher expectations then that. 

We need to keep a clear area for the knockback - that much was right. When we did have  a clean wall the ground was covered in green. This mechanic is described perfectly by icy-veins:

In Heroic mode, if the tornadoes come in contact with Venomous Pools, they will disperse them by throwing poison at the raid for several seconds, dealing high damage that is difficult to avoid. This happens even with tornadoes and Venomous Pools on a different platform than the one the raid is currently standing on.

So here is my new positioning for that phase:

We put ALL the venom on the one side. Tornadoes on the edge of the platform on the other side. The feathers spawn right near the edge. 

Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

re: Heroic Elerethe Renferal

Rumor has it there is a cheese spot where locks can drop a portal over the chasm. If this is the case, we'll just all pop over right quick and the transition will be cake. Otherwise we have some work to do on it.

I think the healing scramble wont be so bad if we can minimize the green puddles. If he fly's up while everyone has full health we can take our sweet time getting across to him. I suggest 2 healers and 1 tank take feathers - and the rest get taken by some assigned melee. The other tank will be grabbing any fail spiders pulled by people in crossing. The majority of the raid can take 30 seconds to get across the platform TOGETHER if they need. The key being that the entire group safely crosses and everyone stays alive. If we can do that - we can easily kill him before the 3rd platform.

Also it seems like there is no kick or interrupt - the AOE dmg is just on the platform so there is actually no rush to engage. I'm not sure how far off the platform you need to be for the AOE to stop effecting you - but we should drop a marker on that spot as a place for us all to group up before crossing. this way we are all together if spiders spawn or people need heals.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALTernate Arrangements Forum Index -> Raid Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: