Site Inactive
Calendar

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ALTernate Arrangements Forum Index -> Raid Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

re: Garalon Normal

Milk and I were discussing changing the stratigy in these ways:

all start on one leg so we don't miss a mend leg

Leave 1 leg up to maximise cleaves

Rotate at 25 stacks for only 3 kiters, or 30 stacks for 2 kiters

Having cheatz or myself rotate in for the tanks, and the tanks 2 kite it. The very few crushes would result in liter heals, and a 2 heal build.
Sweetumm
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

dunno if you guys are doing this, but people are seeing good results with rogue tanking. Kinda similar to morchok stomps. Elusiveness+ feint for all the cleaves and blam. Think combat is doing the best, as long as you can have a leg to BF off of, but that of course, depends on weapon availability.
Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

3 heals 1 tank:
Myself and cheatz on furious swipes (holy pally has a lot of armor). Lierra kiting with 30+ stacks of the debuff in tank spec then swapping with eliune and acazul each only taking 17-18 stacks.

The advantage of this approach would be that the kiters would not need to stay close to the boss, which would allow us to control his positioning better.
Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

rofl, sweetum did we really post on this at the same time?
Sweetumm
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

30 stacks is a lot of raid damage, but i guess that's why the 3 heals. Just seems like you are making that part harder, plus limiting total dps, for the gain of a few less crushes. 30 stacks will be 60 k damage every two seconds to the raid?

Just theorizing, but lierra+cheatz tanks means better total dps, since a tank should do more than a holypal. That would leave sanc to kite, and to keep the stacks low, wouldn't a 4 way rotation be better? The benefit would be that those 4 people wouldn't have to change what they do too much to be able to kite, so long as the boss was kept in range (which he should since he follows the person pheromones anyway), and you would be able to trade safely at exactly 20 stacks. The downside is having to heal more crushes since you are swapping kiters. Apologies if you guys already tried that.

edit: total actual raid damage isnt that different using 4 kiters at 20 stacks, or 5 kiters at 15 stacks. More kiters means more crushes, but the chances of someone not getting topped off before a crush, and then dying, is worse at 20 stacks obv.

ugh i wish i could be there.
Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

I think your confused about this mechanic. The pheromone stack only increases dmg the kiter is taking, the rest of the raid just take the normal 20kdps or whatever.
Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

<<<--- Is confused about the mechanic...

Our strategy was this:
4 kiters - me hawtz acazul and schwin
2 tanks - cheatz and hawtz with me filling in for his run
3 healers

Several wipes around 5%...

A few ideas were floating around to pull out that last little bit of dps.

* having me take cheatz place as a tank, and have cheatz step in when its my turn to kite.

* at 10%ish having eveyone focus on the legs, instead of just those assigned to them.
Sweetumm
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

2 heal it?

have eliune go full time evangelism?

trade dps CD's amongst heals between crushes or whenever the healing is lower? at the very least acazul could go two full turns with HoTW, eliune could spend time in chastise chakra, and sanc could do whatever shockadins do for a little bit?
Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

A warlock on MMOchamps forum says:

Quote:
This is 10m, but we 3 heal 7 dps it, 2 heals and 2 range dps do the kiting. I get to soak cleave as affl with gosac and soullink or demo with with Dark Apotheosis and Manoroth's Fury. Can't remember what I did as affl this way, but as demo only pulled about 65k, which was okay because it allowed are other soaker(warrior) to go crazy on legs.

If you do this as demo pick up MF to hit legs with Immo aura.
Sanctustego
In-Game Rank 5
Talkative Member

We sometimes had problems passing the pheramones, here isa suggestion:

Quote:
Also when passing pheromones: make it so the old kiter is the one moving to the new kiter, not both running to each other. With client/server latency (which you can do nothing about), you can get situations where they're running after each other, never actually catching up (or passing pheromones multiple times between each other).
Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ALTernate Arrangements Forum Index -> Raid Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: